Johnson Premium Hardwood Floors produces high quality/fashion flooring selectively harvested from various areas of the world. Whether we harvest the lumber from our own forest lands, or we source it from our supply partners, our actions are dictated by our ongoing commitment to Sustainable Forestry Practices. As part of our commitment to preserving healthy forest ecosystems, did you know that:
30-40% of our exotic tiber comes from aged or fallen timbers. Aging trees block the sunlight, and therefore limit the growth of younger, oxygen producing trees.
Approximately 70% of our product line is of an engineered construction. As compared to solids, this gives us a 4-5 times better yield on our valuable lumber.
Johnson operates within the guidelines of IBAMA Forestry Initiatives (Brazilian Environment & Renewable Resource Institute), and is the recipient of various IBAMA Forest Management Projects.
Our commitment to Sustainable Forestry Practices encompasses not only the trees, but the entire forest ecosystem.
We employ a comprehensive Supplier Certification Program for all sourced lumber. This helps to insure that our suppliers demonstrate their commitment to environmentally conscious timber procurement.
In our manufacturing facilities, we are proud to say that:
- Two of our manufacturing facilities have received certification to produce FSC ( Forest Stewardship Council) certified products.
- We generate much of our steam/electricity requirements by burning our recycled wood scraps.
- We process 100% of our recovered sawdust into highly efficient heating pellets which are used by the local communities.
- Being a California based company, we strictly adhere to all local and state guidelines regarding waste disposal, recycling, building efficiency improvements, and proper fuel/chemical storage procedures.
Yes, we make beautiful floors, but did you know:
- The adhesive used in our engineered floors meets the stringent German E-1 standard for Formaldehyde emissions
- We use only water based finishes on our products
- Our bamboo products contribute one credit to LEED Certification (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) under MR6, Rapidly Renewable Materials
- Our engineered products are available, on a special order basis, with a core adhesive which meets the criteria for LEED IEQ 4.4, Low Emitting Materials.
Johnson Premium Hardwood Floors realizes that environmental stewardship is not only the right thing to do, it is an ongoing process which continuously needs to be improved upon. We will update our website as new initiatives are implemented!